background

Friday, November 11, 2011

B is for Blind Trust.

From the very first moment, the very very first.
I knew with absolute sureness that
you were someone, someone I could give it all to.
It took less than fourty hours, just under two days
for me to believe that you would never, never hurt me;
that it was out of your grasp to cause me pain.
Blind trust, an uncontrolled belief in you.
You, of all the people in the world, in the universe,
with your honey-suckle eyes and lips chapped from the wind.
You, always you.  
Nobody else has come close to grabbing my heart the same way.
Nobody else will ever see me so frighteningly exposed.
You caused me to close my eyes, to close my eyes and fall.
and just believe you'd be there to catch me.


This little bit of my mind was brought to you by Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments.

    I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna. This was beautiful. Really, really beautiful. You write so well. If you can try linking on Wednesday. I make the linky live at 1:00 PM PST.

    I really want to get you higher up on the list so more people can read your beautiful writing.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    The imagery was a blessing.

    A+

    ReplyDelete