background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taking the Plank Out of my Own Eye.

Today I was forced to think about all of the times that I have gossiped about other people without meaning it to be that way.  I have never considered having a legit conversation about someone gossip if you aren't saying anything bad or judging them, but today I found out how it feels to be examined like that.  Today I was informed that two people who I have no bad feelings towards and even talk to friendly all the time, talked about how I am a hypocritical Christian (If you read Ali's blog, this probably sound's familiar).  And, I totally get where they would get that impression, if they were only looking at my past (see Fusion talk). So no, I don't really blame them for having this impression, but it still hurts that they think that and would discuss with other people that that is what they think.  No, I don't think they meant for it to hurt me, they didn't mean to gossip, but that's what happened.
So, where do I go from there?  How do I show them that I'm not a hypocrite, that I was hurt by them saying I was?  Maybe I don't...maybe it's best to just drop it and let them think what they want, hoping that my actions speak louder than anything I might say. 
 "A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel." Proverbs 15:18 
I guess all I can do is focus on bettering my life by becoming more Christ-like and less human-like in the hopes that others take notice and understand that Christians make mistakes and have pasts too. So, no more gossiping for me...what about you?