background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Left Behind.

So, I'm currently working my way through the Left Behind book series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.  For those of you who don't know (and I'm guessing that most of you don't), it is a series based on the book of Revelation and what is going to happen after Jesus comes back to rapture the church.
The book of Revelation is so hard to read for me.  I'm one of those people who reads really fast and can absorb it all and then think about it later, but the final book of the Bible just doesn't allow for that.  You have to actually, like, study it.  Not that you shouldn't study all of the Bible, but Revelation is just a bit more, high maintenance.
Which is why I love the Left Behind books so much.  Though they are fictional, I really think that they have all of the facts down pat, and they are really helping me figure out the whole "Jesus is coming back and he's rapturing the church and those left behind have seven years and seven tribulations and seven scrolls and the three horses" etc. etc. Revelation is full of symbolism, and Mr. Layhaye and Mr. Jenkins really figure it out for us, in their personal view I guess.
The end of the world is not something that most people want to think about seriously because is flippin' scary.  Think about it: one day (in my opinion before I am a senior citizen...that soon) our Lord and Savior is going to come back to Earth and rapture the church, taking all of the "true Christians" to heaven.  Then the world is going to be taken over by the anti-christ, and it is going to be put through a bunch of terrible things, which eventually lead up to Jesus making a final appearance, a final judgement.  That stuff is scurry....I don't want to be left behind, and I'm sure you don't either.
But anyways....these books are really good....find them in your local library, or download them on your nook/kindle/sony reader. (:

4 comments:

  1. I have read the books... very very good books, and very helpful to me for understanding what the Book of Revelations is, when I was in elementary I thought it was very literal, that an actual dragon would come, etc. Silly little child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelation is my favorite book of the Bible. It's just so interesting, and I love the symbolism. I read the Left Behind series several years ago (at least books 1-12), rather enjoying it. How far are you through the series?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on book 5 right now, mom. (:

    ReplyDelete