background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Friday Night Football

The sun was non-existent that October night, but the field was brightly lit by several artificial suns. The stands were congested: parents cheering sons and girlfriends cheering boyfriends. The pep band played obnoxiouslyloud. I held my breath and prayed; something terrible was going to happen, I could feel it.

The ball was kicked and all the players took off. The stands were a mess of noisy, oblivious people. I was so afraid for him, for what might happen to him. The only thing running through my mind was,
"everything will be ruined by a friday night football game"

----------------------------------------------------
Brought to you courtesy of Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus

The rules of the game:

WORD COUNT - 100 WORDS PLUS THE THREE WORDS OF THE PROMPT. Total word count not to exceed 103 words.

STYLE OF WRITING - ANY

USE A PICTURE THIS WEEK IF YOU LIKE

THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "Friday night football"

3 comments:

  1. You know, this could very well happen. Head injuries have really come to the forefront in recent months, and coaches are finally realizing what long-term effect there can be. This is a very timely post, and a great take on the prompt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and snapshot of the Friday night football experience...love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the artificial sun image. Brilliant.

    I like the different direction you wrote from here. Such a true worry!

    I really, really enjoyed this little gem of a story.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete