background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

H is for Hufflepuff



In the world of Hogwarts, there are four houses: Gryffindor (for the brave), Slytherin (for the ambitious), Ravenclaw (for smart people), and Hufflepuff.  I have yet to figure out what the Hufflepuff house's function is and why J.K. Rowling felt the need to add a house from which nothing special comes out of.  I feel like she might have just thought four houses was more asthetic than three.  There is even a video poking fun at Hufflepuff's lack of any special affinity:



But of course, while it's all fun and games to make fun of people who seem to have no special skills or natural ability to be better than most,  we don't have a right to laugh at them (except when they are extra ridiculous or trying to be funny.)  Everybody struggles with fitting in and figuring out who they are at some point in life, some poeple are just more obvious than others.  (:


This Alphabe-Thursday post is brought to you by Jenny Matlock!

7 comments:

  1. Hufflepuff is a new one on me. LOL. Thanks for sharing your link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I guess the house of Hufflepuffs is left to our imagination.
    I'm visiting from A-T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I agree that we shouldn't ridicule others no matter what. You just never know anoyher's situation...maybe hufflepuff is like the CIA or some other secret society!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a follower of Harry Potter, so I don't know what a Hufflepuff is, but that was funny! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious!!!! i love Harry Potter and was a funny little spoof!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny video. I thought Hufflepuffs were the hard-working, fair play, accepting ones. :) I like anitamombanita's secret identity idea as well. How many people truly know who we are underneath. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny...

    It is true some people, actually I think majority of us, Have a Hard time fitting in..

    Thanks for sharing this and linking up to the letter "H"...

    Great job!

    A+

    ReplyDelete